DirectoryContext running in different "contexts"

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Hi,
First of all, thank's for the great work!
I'm currently using linq2ldap in one pretty big project and we are using it to do all kind of CRUD operations to openDJ. Works great so far, maybe you can put openDJ on your list, too ;)

We are using linq2ldap in MVC and some console applications, while running with a single thread, there is no issue. Of course, if you share the DirectoryContext for multiple threads, any query will actually fail with error 82.

I don't want to have this supported because I know it wouldn't make sense. What I would like to know is, is there anything already implemented to configure the context in which the DirectoryContext object should live?
For example for web sites, you might want to have the context of the Request, for Console apps or unit testing, you might use ThreadStatic.

If there is nothing available yet, that's fine, I will do it, Just want to know if there is something available already so that I can keep working on something else ;)

Thanks,
MC
Nov 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Ok, as I said that I would implement it myself, here we go, just released a first version of my small extensions to your package:
https://linqtoldapextensions.codeplex.com/

Thanks anyways!
MC
Marked as answer by MichaConrad on 11/29/2013 at 10:09 AM