This project is read-only.

Compare to DSML

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Hello,
I am trying to replace a dependency that a web application my company has on DSML. The issue is that the web application; written in VB .net 1.0, cannot change much aside from perhaps calling a service (WCF; written in C#) that could then handle doing the querying for it. I created such a service that is being run external of the application and I can even make the LDAP calls necessary to query data. I did this as a "proof of concept", however, there are some "translational" issues I am encountering. For instance, being able to cleanly convert a SearchResultCollection into XML. I saw the LINQ to LDAP and thought it would be a better fit for my situation than the solution I initially came up with.
Do you foresee any reasons why I could not use LINQ to LDAP to handle this situation? Also, do you have any step-by-step instructions or working examples that walk you through utilizing this assembly?
Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
Aug 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Hi dawson0526,

I've tried to make sure the documentation remains up to date so that is where I would start. My blog also has quite a bit of information, but some of it is outdated. I'm currently working on a "Getting Started" that will hopefully streamline the process of getting up and running with LINQ to LDAP.